ASUS has just announced its brand new GeForce RTX 4070 Megalodon graphics card which comes with a new triple axial-fan cooling system.
ASUS Intros New GeForce RTX 4070 Megalodon Graphics Cards For Asian Pacific Markets
So far, ASUS offers its GeForce RTX 4070 graphics cards in three flavors, the ROG STRIX, the TUF Gaming, and the Dual. These variants are available globally but the company has prepped up a brand new series for the Asia Pacific market known as the Megalodon. The same design will use ASUS's new connector-less design that was showcased at Computex 2023.
So coming to the details, the ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 Megalodon graphics card is a 2.5-slot design that incorporates three axial-tech fans that cool a massive aluminum-fin heatsink underneath the shroud. The card does have slight anime aesthetics which are very popular in the Asian markets. ASUS's Megalodon graphics cards come with an extended backplate that extends beyond the PCB and also has a cut-out at the front which lets air pass through it.
In terms of specifications, you are getting the AD104 GPU with 5888 CUDA cores, 12 GB of memory across a 192-bit bus, and a 21 Gbps clock for 504 GB/s total bandwidth. The clock speeds are rated at 2550 MHz (OC Mode) and power is provided through a single 16-pin 12VHPWR connector. Card's display outputs include a single HDMI 2.1 and three DisplayPort 1.4a connectors It measures 317 x 136 x 54mm. The following are the main features of the card:
- Powered by NVIDIA DLSS3, more efficient Ada Lovelace architecture, and faster ray tracing
- Fourth-generation Tensor Core: Up to 4x performance improvement with DLSS 3 compared to traditional image rendering alone
- 3rd Generation RT Core: Up to 2x ray tracing performance
- OC version: boost frequency 2550 MHz (overclocking mode)/2520 MHz (default mode)
- Axial fan designs feature smaller fan hubs for longer blades and annular seals for increased downward air pressure
- Reinforced backplate Vented backplate works in conjunction with axial fans to reduce noise levels and keep GPU temperature tightly controlled
- Double ball bearings have a longer service life than fans designed with oil bearings
There's no word on pricing and availability yet but this does look like a premium model. Also, ASUS is definitely going to launch the standard version of the GeForce RTX 4070 Megalaodon graphics card first before going for the connector-less design.