CD Projekt RED has released Update 1.63 for its open world first-person RPG Cyberpunk 2077. The patch is already out on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series S|X.
For PC users, the highlight might be the improvement to DLSS 3 (Frame Generation) performance on AMD CPUs. This is likely a reference to the severe stuttering encountered in both Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Next-Gen Edition by owners of the brand new AMD Ryzen 7000 Series CPUs. Another improvement to the game's DLSS implementation fixes the bright flashes that sometimes appeared at the edge of certain objects when NVIDIA's Deep Learning Super Sampling was enabled. On the console front, CD Projekt RED fixed the performance degradation issue that some Xbox Series S|X users had seen after playing the game for quite some time.
Beyond that, Update 1.63 fixes plenty of quest related bugs:
- Fixed an issue where selecting a blue dialogue option while calling Mitch twice could cause the call to be permanently stuck on the screen.
- All Along the Watchtower - Fixed an issue where V gets flatlined after crossing the border.
- Chippin' In - It is now possible to examine all of the clues on Ebunike before becoming detected.
- Gimme Danger - Fixed an issue where there were no objectives left in the journal.
- I Walk the Line - Fixed an issue that could cause V to randomly flatline during the quest.
- Lightning Breaks - Fixed an issue where Panam wasn't present in front of the garage and spawned inside the motel instead.
- Machine Gun - Fixed an issue where the dialogue with Skippy wasn't activated after performing 50 kills, and it wasn't then possible to unequip Skippy.
- Never Fade Away - Fixed an issue where Rogue despawned from the couch in the Atlantis, blocking progress.
- Only Pain - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to complete the "Defeat the cops" objective because the cops weren't present at the intended location.
- Play It Safe - Fixed an issue where holograms and platforms in the parade disappeared after an Auto Save was loaded.
- Play It Safe - Fixed an issue where Takemura didn't call to start the parade mission.
- Pyramid Song - Fixed an issue where Judy teleported underground after entering the church.
- Search and Destroy - Takemura will now move to his hiding spot instead of standing in the middle of the room during Arasaka's attack.
- Sex on Wheels - Fixed an issue where the Quadra Turbo-R V-Tech spawned underground, blocking progress.
- Small Man, Big Mouth - Enemies and the van now spawn correctly.
- The Heist - Fixed an issue where Jackie wasn't present in front of the Afterlife.
- With a Little Help from My Friends - Fixed an issue where the Nomads weren't present at the train station.
Cyberpunk 2077 is about to get its long awaited expansion Phantom Liberty. Scheduled to be released on September 26th, it'll add a whole new district and storyline to the game, not to mention many side activities that'll help Night City feel even more alive, as Game Director Gabe Amatangelo told Wccftech in an exclusive interview.